At Imint we are targeting cameras both in the consumer market such as smartphones, as well as professional products such as AR glasses for remote assistance, body worn cameras and medical devices.
As an Application Engineer at Imint you will get the opportunity to develop in a broad sense as an engineer. This is a fast-paced customer facing role with a main mission to make our customers’ product launches successful. You will be a vital part in supporting our customers’ product development, all the way from first contact to final product being released to the market. During the whole journey, building relations on an engineering level is of utmost importance. To communicate, educate, learn and demonstrate product benefits together with deep technical guidance, is within the expertise of an Application Engineer.
You will work closely together with a team of Application Engineers where you play an active role in planning the daily work to ensure that our products and services are always living up to our professional image and standards. You will be handling many relations and tasks, and constantly seek solutions to various types of technical challenges. The overall goal is about helping our customers evaluate video enhancement solutions, and step-by-step guiding them to a successfully launched product. You will also have a vital role in feeding back customer needs and market information to product management and development teams.
To be successful in this role, you need to have good knowledge in programming to be able to guide the customer in how to implement Imint’s software in different environments and circumstances.
As an Application Engineer at Imint, you will get the chance to meet with some of the largest technology companies in the world working on next generation products. Regular global travel is a natural part of the role to meet customers and partners, building strong relationships on an engineering level.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical assistance and product education to help drive customer integrations all the way from first lead introduction to released customer product
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations, demos, trainings and material explaining products to customers.
- Communicate, qualify and interpret customer requirements to determine technical feasibility, and map appropriate solution
- Act as a vital link between customer, internal support functions and development teams
Requirements and profile
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or equivalent
- Knowledge in C++ or C, or similar high-level language
- Excellent people, communications and pedagogical skills
- Understanding and good judgment when dealing with different cultures
- Courageous, curious mindset with commitment to learning and developing in the role
- Enjoy acting in a competitive business environment
- Openly share knowledge across teams with a strong team player mindset
- Follow internal processes and documentation procedures
- Confident in verbal and written English
- Ability to travel 20-30% of working time
- Experience in domains for cameras, video/imaging, or products integrating cameras as a key capability
- Technical interest and experience in writing white papers, presentations, technical articles, etc.
- Understanding of architecture in Embedded Operating Systems such as Android, Linux
- Digital image processing knowledge
- General knowledge and experience of camera systems and optics
Personality type and qualities
You are either a newly graduated master’s student or have a few years of experience within customer oriented roles with a highly technical profile. You are a curious and open-minded person that likes and finds it exciting to interact with world tech giants from many different cultures and backgrounds. You have a high level of technical interest and understanding, and are able to communicate about high-tech products with confidence. You are a good listener and understand the importance of this skill.