IMINT Image Intelligence (Imint) is searching for a Product Director to develop and lead a new function at Imints headquarters in Uppsala. The position is at director’s level and the candidate is expected to also contribute to the overall strategic development of Imint as part of the leadership team.
About Imint & Vidhance
Founded in 2007, Imint originates as a spin-off from academic research at the Uppsala University. The first couple of years were spent serving the demanding defense market where our main objective was to create innovations for aerial reconnaissance. Something that we achieved with flying colors when we later expanded to UAV applications, drones, and solutions for air traffic control. Imint’s progress did not go unnoticed. In 2013, we were approached by several leading smartphone manufacturers that saw what we saw – our technology, that massively improved the performance of video in real time, would fit perfectly in a smartphone. Soon after that the first version of Imint’s video stabilization software for Android, Vidhance, was released. In 2015, IMINT Image Intelligence AB was listed and today our product brand Vidhance is recognized globally. We have positioned ourselves as the leading video enhancement software company, having signed up with most of the top 10 smartphone manufacturers and we serve more than 25 customers in total. Our customers all have one thing in common, they all want the best video experience available.
From our inception in 2007, we have had a focus on real time video stabilization, and by keeping this focus, we have established ourselves as a world leader, primarily within smartphones. More than half a billion Android handset have our video stabilization product integrated already when delivered out from the factory. Over the last years, our product portfolio Vidhance has grown, with many products building on, or augmenting, video stabilization. Some of our products are “black box”, always-on functions that enhance the image- and video quality upon capture, and some products aids more in the artistic and creative composition of compelling video. We are now expanding our portfolio even further and addressing wider market verticals. With this, complexity is growing, and a portfolio vision and strategy needs to be defined and executed. We shall remain a high growth profitable company.
About the Organization and Position
Imint is set to continue its growth journey, and a cornerstone will be a commercially oriented product management function, that ties together our sales, marketing, and product development teams. Product Management will be responsible for the cross-functional management of products and services in a wider perspective, bringing in a commercial and market-oriented focus to align own and external resources in the most productive and profitable ways. You will lead and deliver the entire lifecycle from product definition and planning through to release and delivery preparation.
Product management must undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. As a member of the leadership team, you will provide product vision and drive portfolio strategy, within the SAFe agile framework implemented at Imint, and building on top of already established and efficient processes for product management.
As our product portfolio as well as targeted market segments are growing, complexity is increasing. Product management is expected to take a broad view on both expanding our offering (which could entail insourcing of other technologies) as well as alternative channels to market. This will require you to work across functional areas and partner with the industries best companies to implement or improve our products and finding best ways for these products to reach relevant customer segments. As part of the broad view perspective, we are striving to increase our strategic relevance for our customers, which includes a holistic view of “products” also as enablers and platforms, where Imint’s own IP can be a subset of a whole product. Partnerships and building a strong ecosystem will likely be vital.
In the role is as Product Director you will be highly effective in influencing, driving alignment, and collaboration. In this role, you will lead multiple products and their roadmaps, instilling a culture of product excellence, commercial focus and high performance and profitability. You will need to liaison with key stakeholders as the CEO, CTO, Marketing Director, Sales Director, Product Owners and Engineering Management, etc. to secure success.
We are looking for these qualifications:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably within Engineering or Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ yrs of software product management experience
- 10+ yrs of work experience in the tech domain, preferably with software products
- 5+ yrs of experience working with (direct or indirect) agile software project management, experience with the SAFe framework is a plus.
- Commercial/business administration education (such as an MBA) is preferred but not mandatory. Alternative you have a broad experience within sales/commercialization/business development in a highly technical environment and complex industry ecosystem.
- Strong track record of delivering successful products with cross-functional teams in the software industry
- Excellent communication skills in English to concisely communicate complex topics to diverse stakeholders across geographies.
- Familiarity and champion of the “Whole Product” concept (Geoffrey Moore); understanding the full requirements from our customer to successfully experience the full value of our products, as well as understanding of concepts such as “Buyers Journey”.
Meriting Technical and Business Skills
- Software products, preferably within run-time on device/embedded.
- Software licensing business models and software support and service agreements and models.
- Highly meriting is experience in relevant technical fields, such as imaging software, smartphones or similar consumer electronic products, chipsets/semiconductor, camera systems or camera-centric products, video processing or editing products, etc.
- Meriting is experience working with strategic partnerships and industry ecosystems.
Individual Traits and Personal Style
- Good communicator and diplomat, able to turn vision into action by aligning across internal teams and external stakeholder.
- Adhering to the core values of Imint (courageous, respectful, collaborative, professional and creative).
- Strategic mindset with patience and perseverance, ability to “zoom in and out”, and sort activities in different time horizons without losing eye on the long-term goals.
- Strong curiosity – both within technical areas as well as within business development, enjoying finding new venues to accelerate profitable growth.
- Customer-first view, ability to translate product capabilities into true customer value.
- “Product Parenthood” – being proud of our products and showing dedication to quality and customer commitments.